Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why I deleted Twitter off my phone, reinstalled it, and deleted it again


A few weeks ago, I made a couple thousand men on the internet very angry; angry enough to bombard my Twitter account with hundreds of angry replies an hour. I tried to block the most toxic accounts at first, but figuring out who to block and who not to block meant reading each tweet. After a handful of particularly unsettling threats on my life, I decided the best method to protect myself was to delete Twitter off my phone. Saying goodbye to the network was the best decision I'd made for my mental health in years. That I recently reinstalled the app is confounding.


I understand the following might sound like the rant of a public figure, but I'm barely that. Compared to even the least popular reality star, my Twitter following is a...


Continue reading…


0 comments:

Post a Comment